Below is a fully comprehensive version of Aleigha Nicole’s résumé. For a summarized version, in PDF form, click here.
Email: aleigha [at] aleighanicole [dot] com
North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC (January 2014 – December 2016)
Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism and Mass Communication with a concentration in Multimedia, December 2016
Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, NC (July 2012 – December 2013)
Bombshells In Business (2014-Present)
Was actively involved in an organization that helps equip women with the necessary tools to excel in their desired career field.
A&T Chapter of NABJ (2014-2015)
NABJ provides services and media-related programs, while advocating Black journalists worldwide.
Aggie News & Views (2015)
Provided a standup report that included an on-camera interview.
WNAA 90.1 Street Team (2014-2015)
Promoted radio station events, conducted 3 meet-and-greets and 2 press conference interviews.
Aggie Press (2014-2015)
Published 5 articles through the campus’ online publication.
FSU’s 24-Hour Theatre Project (2012)
Memorized script and developed a character, in a nonstop 24-hour period, that was also produced during this time.
Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society (2012)
Inducted into Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society with a 3.8 GPA.
- Scare Actor (September 2016 – October 2016)
– Mixed up performance to execute “new” experience for repeat guests
– Won an award and repeatedly recognized for acting and scare tactics
– Worked closely with fellow scare actors to achieve better scares
- Supervisor — Food & Beverage (May 2013 – August 2015)
– Profitable sales provided and enforced through upselling
– Supervised a team up to 10 employees at a time
- Associate — Food & Beverage, (February 2010 – October 2011)
– Provided exceptional guest service to large crowds in a fast paced environment
– Promoted for earning trust within department to lead buildings and teams
Journalism & Communications Experience
Communications Internship for Jill White-Huffman’s private practice (September 2016 – December 2016)
- Produce, write edit and organize videos and manage social media accounts efficiently
Self-Made Entertainment Website (September 2012 – August 2016)
- Transitioned to self-hosted WordPress platform to provide readers a higher quality viewer experience
- Pitched, wrote, edited entertainment stories and conducted interviews
- Grew as an entertainment journalist through self-teaching and by applying educational studies
Website Builder, Content Writer, Big O’s (July 2016 – Sept 2016)
- Manages website and content for entrepreneur’s online store
- Increased sales by 5% within first week of website’s launch by SEO visibility and social media launch promotion
Entertainment Contributor, Slant News (November 2015)
Videography & Editing, Skky Marketing (April 2017)
Event Photography, Videography & Editing, Be You Be Beautiful (March 2015 – Present)
Color Vibe 5K Run (August 2016)
- Assured over 4,000 runners were safe, comfortable and enjoying themselves in a fun and non-competitive environment
The Healthy America Initiative (September 2015 – Present)
- Work with the community of Greensboro, NC, at various partnered events, with intent to help combat obesity
Journalism & Communications Skills
- Engaging writer
- Proficient in WordPress
- Analyzed researcher
- Knowledgeable of AP Style
- Social media savvy
- Effective with DSLR & JVC GY-HM750
- General transcription
- Attentive listener
- Tactful communicator
- Enthusiastic team player